Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Marvel Avengers Alliance (MAA) Group Boss Blackheart and the Doombringer

I just wanted to share my experiences with Blackheart and the weapon/gadget Doombringer with everyone. First of all if you do not have the Doombringer, you can find it in Chapter 3: Mission 5 and it will appear in the roulette after you defeat the Epic Boss Dr. Doom. Many of you may wonder why you would want this gadget and I will get to that shortly, but I'm going to begin this entry by sharing the story of my first encounter with Blackheart...even though it is quite embarassing.

Now let me start by saying I am quite confident in my abilities in game and thought I try not to be overconfident it is easy to get that way sometimes, especially in PVE. So when I first saw Bruiser Blackheart (the Group Boss version) I thought let me just bring two of my favorite heavy hitters, Modern Blaster Thor and Blaster Iron Patriot. We will do a ton of damage and then let my allies finish off what little health he may have left. I didn't even bother to look at his passive abilities. He was a Bruiser, these are Blasters that I'm bringing, this is going to be a piece of cake, right? Boy was I wrong.

Soon after the fight began I found out that I should have read what this Bruiser Blackheart could do. He was hitting my heroes, putting up a Razor Shield, and then the worst thing happened, he summoned two minions that healed him for massive amounts. Here I was thinking I could drop an easy 50% off of this boss in one go with my Blasters and he ends up escaping with 98% health. My team was still alive, but there was nothing more I could do to Blackheart. He left with barely a scratch on him and I was feeling pretty stupid.

The next time I fought him I used Cyclops and one of my favorites, Captain Britain. I was able to put flanked on Blackheart and pretty quickly added all of the debuffs necessary for Curse of the Otherworld. At this point my team was attacking, doing a follow up attack, then they would proc an extra turn and hit two more times. Four attacks per character every turn and that's when I started doing 40% + damage before Blackheart would scurry away with his tail between his legs. Now this was more like it.

Then I saw that there was a way to defeat Blackheart in one fight, but once he started to escape you could not do any direct damage to him or he would disappear. So basically what someone came up with was to keep using the Doombringer to greatly reduce Blackheart's stats and greatly increase your agents stats. After a sufficient amount of stacks then the agent can unleash a super powerful attack on Blackheart and potentially finish him in one hit. I wanted to try this for myself so I set out to farm the Doombringer. It didn't take that many runs actually and I was luckily able to acquire it.

After I got the Doombringer I tried to use Rescue and Angel to keep my team alive while I applied the stacks. This would have worked, but I was facing the worst possible class for this method, Tactician Blackheart. The minions that this class summons constantly spam an attack which places soulfire on your agent thus removing your stat increase from the Doombringer. So after wasting quite some time, I fired an attack that did somewhere around 20,000 damage and Blackheart escaped with most of his life remaining.

It was at this point that I was determined to get a massive hit on Blackheart so I sought out a non-Tactician version on a friend's map. I chose to use Angel and Wonder Man. With Angel I used his level 9 to both heal and restore stamina to my agent when possible and I also used his level 2 to give extra turns to my agent for more Doombringer applications. I was able to do this by hitting only Blackheart's minions. That way Blackheart would not escape the battle. Wonder Man was simply there to protect and use his level 9 ability to regain health.

After about 33 stacks increasing my Agent's stats and decreasing Blackhearts, I fired the Golden Screaming Eagle, hitting the Group Boss for 790,521 damage. This was enough to finish him. So my research was pretty much complete and it is very possible to finish Blackheart in one battle and even possible to do over 1 million damage if you are patient enough to continue to apply Doombringer stacks (perhaps 50).


1 comment: